Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Nipple

Here's another nipple update: yesterday I had my one-week post-surgery appointment, and saw the new nipple for the first time.  The nurse warned me it would look a bit scary at this point...and she was right.  It is probably the most gruesome thing I've seen on my body.  I don't think I can adequately describe it...it's purple and white, scabby, with sutures sticking out all over.  Me no like-y.  After removing the dressing and revealing the thing, the nurse then proceeded to poke it all around with a needle, to make sure it could bleed (which would indicate that it was getting good blood flow)...it did.  I am told it will look much better with time, and eventually can be tattooed so the color will look more natural.  The bruising from the lipo is much better this week, it's turning yellow and there is a lot less pain...and my tummy scar looks a lot nicer now (the doctor did some revision to smooth it out).  I'm feeling quite good this week physically, nearly back to how I was before this surgery.  Looking forward to:  Emma coming home for her spring break (and celebrating her 22nd birthday), getting back to Zumba class next week, planning Griffin's 2nd birthday party (train theme), and trying out some hypnotherapy courtesy of Tammi McKinley (my awesome midwife) and Sunflowers Healing and Wellness (hopefully will help me process the emotional stuff I'm going through).  Also looking forward to a life with no more surgery!
Love to you all,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment