Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update on Chemo #3

Liz writes:

"This week was my third chemo.  It went better than the last one...the new medicine (Ativan) kept the nausea at bay. I've been tired and a bit queasy as usual, but nothing major.  One more treatment to go with these two chemo drugs, then I switch to a third one for the final four treatments; the side effects will probably be different with that drug.

We have been treated to some really scrumptious meals this week!  Thank you so much to Monica, Missy, Kara, Sara, and Marilee (and hope I'm not forgetting anyone??).  We are so grateful!

Today I attended my monthly support group for moms with breast cancer.  It is so helpful to get together and talk with them, and hear others' experiences.  I'm so thankful for the group, run by Kerstin Perinni at VA Hospital Center. Thanks to mom for watching the kids so I could go!

And a huge thank you to my husband and kids, who have been so helpful to me, and have been an endless source of comfort, distraction, and joy.

Love you all,
Liz"

No comments:

Post a Comment