Monday, March 14, 2011

Update on Second Chemo

Liz writes:

"This week I saw the oncologist on Monday, where my blood work looked good, the pancreas thing was 'tabled' for now because it doesn't seem like much of an issue at this point, and she said the lumps are already feeling like they are changing....all good news.

Tuesday was chemo #2. My brother Paul was with me, and we passed the time by watching Northern Exposure reruns. This one hit me harder than the first time, and I got pretty sick that night with nausea and vomiting. But the rest of the week has been better, with just very mild side effects and not too much fatigue yet. My hair started falling out in handfuls...so this morning my mother shaved it off...better to get rid of it all at once, as it is messy to keep losing it all over the place. I'm now trying out some of my new hats and getting used to the chilly feeling on my scalp.

Our family is doing well, despite the youngest three having colds. Emma is home for spring break (including her 21st b-day coming up on St. Patty's day!), and it is really nice to have her company and help. The kids took my head-shaving in stride, and have been enjoying wearing my wig and hats.

Thank you to everyone who came to help me this week! Paul, Mom, Sara, Michelle, and Lisa D...your company and help made chemo week pass much more easily. And a huge thank you for all the yummy and nutritious meals--Kathy and Topher, Arlene, Maya, Sara, Rashne, Janet, and Lisa L, you have kept us well-fed this week! I also want to thank everyone for all the positive thoughts and prayers...and a big thank you to my fund-raising-idea-goddess, Tammi! I am overwhelmed continually with the generosity and caring we have been showered with.
Love you all,
Liz"

1 comment:

  1. Liz, my thoughts are with you often. I'm sending you love and light always and will be walking in June for a Cancer Support community that my mom is a part of; you will be part of who we are walking for. Love you!

    ReplyDelete