Monday, April 25, 2011

Chemo #5

Liz writes:

"This week (on Wednesday...they've switched me to Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays) I had my fifth chemo treatment, which is also the first treatment with taxol.  The weirdest part of the treatment was the big dose of Benadryl they give as one of the pre-meds...it made me so woozy, I was completely out of it for most of the time I was there.  I felt better once I got home, and the day after that I felt better than I have for a long time...unfortunately, it was just the steroid (another pre-med that protects the bones) that was giving me the energy to do some stuff around the house and take the kids to the park.  On day three, four and five I have had a lot of achiness in my joints and shooting pains in my bones.  And, as usual, no energy at all.  But I'll take that any day over the side effects of the previous four treatments...there's no white blood cell crashing with the taxol, and so far no nausea or digestive issues.

We had a nice Easter weekend, with a visit from Emma and my brother Paul, and a fun but low-key egg hunt for the girls at Gramma and Grampa's house.  Griffin is busy cutting a bunch of teeth, and acting as cute as can be.

A huge thank you to our meal fairies this week...Kara, Charity (twice!), Holly, and Lisa A.  My appetite has picked up again, now that the AC side effects are over, and all the meals tasted delicious, and were healthy and much appreciated.  A huge thank you also to Tammi, who has worked hard to arrange several breast milk deliveries for Griffin...and thanks to all the milk donors and transporters too!  An enormous thank you to Jessica H for the awesome veggie deliveries!  And I don't know how to thank all of you who have donated money to us...we are overwhelmed by your generosity.

Love you all,
Liz"

No comments:

Post a Comment