Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1 update

Liz writes:

"This week has been a pretty good 'off' week, compared to the last one.  I started out the week feeling very fatigued...and learned at my oncologist appointment that I'm anemic and will be that way until chemo is done.  And for two nights I had a low-grade fever, which worried me, but nothing came of it.  But then by Friday, I was feeling a lot more energetic than I have for a while.  That day I had a great visit/baby-playdate with Kim, a mom from my support group who also had to wean her baby boy when she was diagnosed; then I went home and actually vacuumed and tidied up the house (haven't felt the energy to do that for a LONG time), went on a walk with the kids, and planted a few plants in the garden.  Up til now, just doing ONE of those things would have exhausted me. 
My spirits were also lifted this week by a wonderful Mom's Night Out, involving pina coladas and great conversation.  And to top it off, I woke up on Saturday and realized that my cough, which I've had for over 5 weeks, finally seems to be just about gone...what a relief.  Now if only India's and Griffin's coughs would get better too...

I have to say a GIANT thank you to Michele Peterson (doula extraordinaire), and the women who attended the International Childbirth Education Association workshop with her.  Michele apparently organized a collection for us at the workshop, and we received an amazingly generous check in the mail.  Thank you Michele and all of you generous ladies, who don't even know me!  We are so very grateful.  The money will really help with upcoming insurance premiums and co-pays.

Nathan, Lily, and India are off participating in a Barefoot Run around the Washington Monument today...I'm proud of them (and hope they don't get rained on).  And that's all for now...
Love you all,
Liz"

No comments:

Post a Comment