Friday, December 16, 2011

Post-Surgery Update

Hello everyone...I made it to the other side!  The surgery was successful, so far the 'flaps' are healthy and working, and I got through the first day with no complications.  I have lots of pain in my abdomen (from the tummy tuck), not much pain at all in my breasts.  As long as I sit here not moving, the tummy pain is tolerable...and I have a little button I can push every ten minutes which gives me more pain meds.  But yesterday they made me get up for a short time...and that trip to the chair was really difficult.  Today they want to get me up three times, and take out my catheter...so I'll have to get up to use the toilet.  Not looking forward to that at all.  I had a nice visit yesterday afternoon from Lily and India, and Emma, Mom, Dad and Nathan have all been  here too...and they (plus my brother Paul) all have been helping to take care of Griffin.  I miss Griff so much...but didn't want to have him come here until I'm out of the ICU (which I am supposed to be, but they don't have a room for me yet).  I can't hug anyone yet, and would be afraid that he would kick me in the belly or something...and he might be upset and confused that he can't snuggle with me.  It was hard enough not being able to give the girls a big hug.  But I'm feeling better and better, so hopefully by tomorrow having the kids visit will be easier.  I am pretty sleepy and drift in and out of sleep constantly.  I'll post another more detailed update soon.  I so appreciate all your good thoughts and prayers...and a huge thank you to everyone who has brought a meal or has signed up to bring one...so amazing to have all of you supporting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment